Friday, April 17, 2009

My Natural beauty(Transitioning from relaxer back to Natural)

Hi y'all...this is officiallly my first blog post and i feel good about this. So Earlier this year i got sick of putting my hair in weaves and relaxers and decided to go natural. My last relaxer was on the 31st of Dec 2008 and it's been a couple of months now..... so far it's been looking good .

I remember when i was growing up and i would go to the salon and my heart would be beating like a rhythmic african drum as i waited for my turn to get my relaxer....amidst tear and wailing and the hair stylist telling me

"this girl i go tell your mama make she cut your hair if you continue to dey cry like this"

a shiver would run down my spine after such threats because i didn't want to be the girl with the short hair cut in school. I continued to endure the pain just to have a straight hair texture!!!! because i was told my hair was unmanageable in it's natural state *hiss* anyhoos ladies if you are like me you are transitioning from relaxer to natural le t me encourage you we are in this together....on my next blog i will share how to take care of your hair (natuaral or relaxed) by yourself to ensure maximum growth

No comments:

Post a Comment